Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Coatings for Chicken

April 17, 1981 no doubt notes from her favorite radio program broadcasting from Cedar Rapids.

I don't recall my Grandmother doing much frying so when I came across these two recipes for chicken coatings I was not surprised. I think my Grandmother would have considered using so much oil necessary for fried chicken wasteful when this coating would do the trick nicely in the oven.

As you can see on the paper my Grandmother called this recipe by a famous commercially made product. I however, do not wish to step on their toes and or get myself into a whirl of trouble so I will simply call this:

Chicken Coatings

Version #1

1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tbl. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Version #2

2 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
2 tbl. onion soup mix
1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tbl. dry parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. oregano.






2 comments:

  1. This looks yummie, will have to try it!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

  2. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post.
    I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete